Tuesday 23 October 2007

The curious Misunderstandings

Today it is about understandings and misunderstandings.

“You are such a lucky soul. Wherever you may go, there the people misunderstand you to be a good man.” This interesting observation was made by another about one of my friends. Quite often we struggle to understand the misunderstandings, because they are so vital to our social life.

Often I have thought that we understand ourselves and misunderstand others. But now it proves the other way around. In most of our personal lives, it is in the reverse. We misunderstand ourselves but read others with better and finer accuracy. We surprise them with our ‘Inner Wisdom’ by discovering even their hidden giftedness and blessedness.
We prove ourselves to be the successful mentor for their inner journey.

Here the bet is how well you grasp the width and the breadth of your own blessedness. It is not work of knowledge, but an act of discernment. When it is the matter of the other people, knowledge helps us to be factual and true; but to deal our own inner process we need the grace of discernment.

I am not to be like the biblical servant with a single talent. I am rich in graces, so too I am rich in responsibilities. (“Much will be required of the person entrusted with much,
and still more will be demanded of the person entrusted with more
” Lk 12:48).


I should learn to count my own blessedness.
I should learn to grow out of my own misunderstandings about myself.

No comments: